Last week, a US jury awarded 22 women and their families almost $4.7 billion...
Our lawyers can help you set up wills, estates, trusts and other tools that help you preserve wealth and shift it to your beneficiaries in the way you want. At the same time, we’ll advise you of the laws and systems that could have an impact. We would consider your entire estate carefully, including family businesses, real estate holdings, income properties, trusts, charitable entities, pension funds and insurance strategies to provide a comprehensive view of all your options.
Our Other Services for Wills & Estates
We offer guidance in the following areas:
- Developing comprehensive strategies to minimize taxes and probate fees
- Inter-generational family wealth planning
- Advising clients about marriage agreements as part of their estate planning
- Assisting clients in second-marriage situations to set up alter ego/joint partner trusts to deal with potential wills variation concerns
- Drafting representation agreements for highly acrimonious family situations
- Arranging transfer of assets through living or inter-vivos arrangements
- Ensuring that you or your family members have plans in place to deal with the possibility of a temporary or permanent incapacity
- Assisting individual executors and trust company professionals in all areas of estate administration
- Working with a spouse or partner to determine legal rights and obligations relating to insurance and pension benefits
- Recording and storing all documents in a fireproof room where they will be kept safe
- Creating wealth planning solutions that incorporate clients’ business interests